Phuket Field Report Day 1

Discussion in 'Phuket' started by leroy, May 12, 2013.

1. leroy

leroy New Member

Arrived in Phuket Airport late afternoon tons of lilly white fat falangs and their chubby chunk chicky babes all gettig hot under the collar about taxis and minnie busses. Whent straight to the meter taxi stand to see this german guy yellihg at the taxi guy. He was told 1 hour 2 hour no taxi. Very calmly approached said taxi guy gave a polite wai (i have a nice very old Buddha medalion around my neck) exchanged thai greetings and had a taxi straight away. you should have seen the look on the German guys face PRICELESS!. I have never been to Phuket in high season before so was stunned at the traffic driver very appologetic only charged me 400 bht not the normal 700 to Kata so tipped him well. Got to my regular diggs (Kata Villa) normally in off season very chilled and friendly but now all staff stressed and unfriendly. Grabbed a quick bite at a group of 6 seafood joints on Karon beach again all staff stressed. All restaurants full of Russians all eating Pizza. Sat with a russian guy and his wife and they refused to even aknowledge me even after repeated friendly hello's. SHIT what has happened to my beloved Kata. My friend arrived on a later flight from Aussie again a regular at Kata Villa and found staff and owner very unpleasant. Oh well fuckit lets get pissed ands get laid. Headed straight to my favourite Bar Zanzibar (on main road heading toward Kata on the edge of Kata night bazzar bar area) normally get well accosted on the way past the strip of bars but sadly very average girls and very bored and uninterested. Got to zanzibar to find new Mamasan (used to be airconditioned and DJ really good pool table but now all open and usual distorted Thai Tecno pop) all girls average and uninteresting. Had a couple of games of pool and way to many Singhas got the shits and decided to crash out. On the walk back ran into an old flame from last year so we grabed her and a friend and finally got a happy ending to a shitty day in paradise.
    Will go hunting tonite to some other areas well loved on previous visits hopefully better times ahead.