Majestic Suites Bangkok

Discussion in 'Bangkok' started by 4river, Apr 29, 2014.

1. 4river

4river New Member

they have a secure booking page on their site but i'm not sure how to get round not having a credit card , i've used the secure page to book rooms for the last 5 year without any problems

3. Steve

Steve New Member

they have a secure booking page on their site but i'm not sure how to get round not having a credit card , i've used the secure page to book rooms for the last 5 year without any problems[/quote]Their "secure" https:// booking page is a bit of a scam ........ enter your credit card details without an amount to be debited being shown and their verisign logo doesn't link to verisign.

Also, when I first pulled the site, I got a warning that I've never had before ..........

A clear case of caveat emptor if there ever was one.

4. krimsonwow

krimsonwow New Member

I stay there when in Bangkok, but no way will they be getting my CC details. Plenty of other options.

5. Leo

Leo Member

Like Reg, I've used the 'secure' booking page on their website many times and never had a problem.

6. TravMan

TravMan New Member

One trick is to say you live in Thailand and only have Thai debit cards which cannot be used as credit cards over the internet or over the phone. You could give the number but they could not deduct any money. Though I do live in Thailand, I have done this to secure a reservation when they come up with the "give me the CC number". However, most times I've done it over the phone and not been asked.

7. Steve

Steve New Member

Their "secure" booking page isn't in the least bit secure. You are effectively sending an e-mail with your full CC details to them.

Just try putting a load of crap in the fields ........ it won't get rejected by their system.

8. Loca

Loca New Member

I stayed there a couple of times. I remember booking through the M/S'z website and also through the BKK tonight web site....didn't have a problem either time.

As ROLAND mentioned the rooms are a wee bit small

You have to be on the 6th or 7th floor in order for the bedroom window to be of any use....otherwise yer just looking at the back of a decaying building.

The in room safe was a great feature and the bathroom was spacious and up-to-date....plus the bed was the most comfortable this side of the JWMarriott.

Did leave a can of soda open one afternoon and came back to a convention of Siamese ants.....the wait staff in the restaurant displayed a bad attitude when I showed up with Som from Eden Club for my free morning breakfast...but the front desk staff was another story....pleasant, helpful and they have seen everything come through the front doors....nothing surprises them....when I stayed there, they did require ID for guest and kept it at the front desk until yer guest left the premises.

The location can't be beat and I'd stay there again.....if'n I ever get back to BKK.