Is Malaysia Truly Asia?

Discussion in 'NightLife Asia' started by long9john, Jan 19, 2014.

1. long9john

long9john New Member

Any mongers (besides myself) do trips to Malaysia. i.e. KL, Langkawi, Penang, Kota Kinabalu, etc. Would there be any reason/interest to have a separate forum?

3. Zambo

Zambo New Member

I have spent a lot of time in Penang and KL. I support the idea of a Malaysia forum but don't think it will ever challenge Thailand and Philippines for mongering excellence.

4. long9john

long9john New Member

Zambo, you have brought up a good point. What I was trying to understand is if there was any monger interest in getting a Malaysia section similar to the Indonesia and Philippines area.

There is no doubt that Malaysia will never replace the top 2 on the list. In fact,I would actually rank the SEA countries in the following order: Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodia, and then Malaysia in terms of the overall mongering experience. I have found most BG's, especially in KL, are not from Malaysia, but outside the country. Last week, while I was in KL I pulled 2 from the Beach, 1 was Filipino, the other was Vietnamese. First time I had had an "international" sandwich and I must say the flavor was very exotic...

Don't know if the forum has had one prior, but it would be interesting to see how other BM's rate their favorite countries.

5. Zambo

Zambo New Member

I've spent quite a lot of time in Malaysia and found there are good mongering venues. But for short visits to KL I agree that Beach Club is the place. I started an earlier thread about freelancer bars in Asia and Beach Club was top of my list, above the likes of Soi 7 Beergarden, LA Cafe and Apocolypse Now (Bangkok, Manila and Saigon respectively)

My country ranking by monering experience is

1. Thailand
    2. Philippines
    3. Malaysia (specifically KL)
    4. Vietnam
    NR Cambodia - never been
    NR Indonesia - never been

But the answer is yes I think a Malaysia section of the forum would be a good idea.

6. kevlee

kevlee New Member

I think Malaysia section in BL forum is a craking idea. Hope moderator will figure this out.

7. jose_411

jose_411 New Member

Most I have met in KL are filipino, Thai, or Vietnamese.